Last weekend, I found out that I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Everything Caila, a beauty blogger I follow and whose clear writing style I admire.
I did some quick research on what a nomination for The Liebster Award entailed and found this information on WordingWell.com:
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer
- list these rules in your post
- inform the people/blogs that you nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it
Eveything Caila’s questions for me:
1. What is your favorite skincare item?
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Oil – I’ve been using this for the past week and noticed a great improvement in my skin texture.
2. What brand makes the best lip gloss in your opinion?
I am not a big fan of lip gloss. Lipsticks on the other hand…
3. Which beauty bloggers/Youtubers are most inspiring to you?
I wrote about Youtubers I found most inspiring in a recent blog post here.
4. What’s your dream travel destination?
Ghana – to visit my best friend from college. 🙂
5. Where is your favorite place you’ve already traveled to?
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada – The Boy and I have fond memories of this city as we spend short getaways here. There’s lots of good food and shopping!
Close runner-up: Port Dickson, Malaysia – I’ve spent multiple family vacations here and really love the beaches and food in this tourist town.
6. If you won a shopping spree at your favorite beauty store, what’s the FIRST thing you’d grab to put in your basket?
Facial Radiance Pads from First Aid Beauty. I’ve got my eyes on this product as the next skincare item to put into my regimen.
7. What’s your favorite thing about blogging so far?
Having an independent platform to share my creativity in all things beauty and fashion.
8. Three products you’re currently loving?
NARS tinted moisturizer, NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Walkyrie & Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara.
9. Favorite cuisine?
This is difficult to choose because I have so many. My top three would be Malay, Thai and Italian. I also love my mom’s and grandparents’ cooking…is that a cuisine? I’m gonna say yes
10. If you could only use one brand’s products the rest of your life, which brand would you chose?
NARS. I appreciate the philosophy of Francois Nars (the founder) – ““Find your own way, have an open spirit, and believe in your beauty.”
11 blogs I nominate:
My questions for the nominees:
1) What is your favorite quote to live by?
2) If you had one superpower, what would it be and why?
3) In a perfect world, where would you choose to live? (can be answered according to country, continent or place e.g. by the beach, in a hut, in a unicorn palace)
4) What are two qualities you look for in people you admire?
5) If you had to live with only one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
6) What is one beauty product you would recommend to all your friends?
7) What is one fashion item you could not live without?
8) Tell us your favorite color and why it speaks to you.
9) Name 3 of your favorite fashion/makeup/beauty/lifestyle blogs.
10) What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
See above for rules on how to proceed. 🙂
I feel very honored to have been nominated by Everything Caila. The Liebster Award feels like the written version of a video tag on Youtube. I’ve only been blogging for a few months and am grateful to be part of a growing blogging community.
Stay true xo