I was nominated for another award!
This time, Kelsey from KelsKels Blogs nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you Kelsey!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Add 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 facts about me:
1. I secretly wish I was a Jedi. I have loved Star Wars since I was 9 years old… the concept of The Force intrigued me right away as a child.
2. I graduated with first class honors from University of British Columbia (Vancouver) with a double major in Psychology and Women Studies. I love learning new things and my grades definitely reflected that …but after 21 years of being a straight A student, I decided to honestly look at my life and ask myself what made me happy. This is why I am now an artist, writer, all round ‘creative type’ and not pursuing academia like I originally planned.
3. I love all animals but I especially love cats and micropigs. I grew up with a community-instilled fear of dogs but when I got used to them, I started to appreciate them too. I doubt I will ever keep one as a pet though – dogs are way too high-maintenance for me. 🙂
4. I have lived in 4 different countries – not just visited but actually settled in for more than 2 years at a time. Japan, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and now Vancouver.
5. I have not been able to get into face makeup despite developing a recent love for makeup. My favorite kind of makeup is for the lips.
6. My favorite cuisines are Malay, Thai and Italian. I also love fusion food – I believe the best types of cuisines are birthed places where cultures meet and interact over long periods of time e.g. Singaporean food is the bomb diggity as Malay, Indian, Chinese cuisines are often fused.
7. I’ve been blogging for 4 years and counting. My first blog was a political blog on feminist, anti-racist and pro-queer politics….I am still engaged in politics and it comes out in certain aspects of beauty/fashion/lifestyle writings 🙂
Bloggers I nominate:
and anyone else who wants to do this tag! 🙂
stay true xo