By pumpkins fat and witches lean
By coal black cats with eyes of green
By all the magic ever seen
I wish you luck on Halloween
This year, I decided to dress up as witch. I like witches – they get a bad rep for being ugly/old/crazy women but if you read up on the history of witches, many stories point to the fact that these women were healers, women with ‘behavioral problems’ (read: mental illness) or all-round bad-ass women who were unafraid to break the social codes and say F U to misogyny.
I’ve had my precious lil’ furbaby Delima for three weeks today so I solidified my status as a witch with my darling black cat.
- WITCH HAT: Shopper’s Drug Mart (it was $2.50 🙂 and originally came with a headband but I replaced it with some clips instead)
- BLACK TOP : Barefoot Contessa
- BELT : Anthropologie (got it on sale woohoo!)
- BLACK MAXI SKIRT: Barefoot Contessa
- NECKLACES: wishbone necklace from Etsy, peas in a pod necklace was a gift
- BRACELETS: all three were gifts and have sentimental value to me (useful for casting location spells etc)
FACE AND HAIR
- HAIR: loosely curled with Babyliss Pro Curling iron 1.25 inches (I need to practice curling my hair!!)
inner eye – Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in ‘Emerald’
all over lid – MUFE Artist Shadow in ‘Electric Purple’
cut crease – MUFE Artist Shadow in ‘Sapphire’
brow bone – The Balm Nude Tude eyeshadow in ‘Sassy’
eyeliner – Eyeko Eye Do liquid eyeliner
- BROWS: Benefit Gimme Brow (dark brown)
- LIPS: BITE beauty lip primer, Rimmel lipstick in ‘Bordeaux’
- FACE: Hourglass Veil Primer, ILIA concealer in ‘Ginseng’ mixed with my moisturizer for my own special witchy blend of sheer, flawless coverage 😉
Happy Halloween folks!
stay true xo