I have a MAJOR girl crush on Olivia Munn.
Woman has a life-size replica of Yoda in her living room and it displays her shoes. Say what now?!
I love watching interviews with Olivia Munn because she is so dorky and completely lovable. I watched a recent Vogue interview with her and squee-ed with delight when she revealed that her favorite food was Thai (mine too!!) and her favorite dessert was pie (me too!) I’m going to take this as a sign that one day, I too can reach Olivia Munn heights of coolness.
Of course Miss Thang has amazing fashion sense. I am totally on board with Olivia’s playful yet polished vibe. Olivia is not afraid to wear color, mix textures and prints (HALLELUJAH) and is always keeping things interesting with her hair and makeup.
Below are some of my favorite looks from her. I usually re-create outfits via Polyvore but I think these photos serve as fashion inspiration enough.
All Midi, All The Time
Olivia looks great in a midi skirt. I myself am a huge fan of the midi because it’s not as ‘young’ as the mini and not as ‘bohemian’ as a maxi. It’s just right.
- When wearing a midi skirt, keep proportions in mind. Longer at the bottom means shorter up top. This could mean shorter sleeves or a crop top.
- Don’t be afraid to wear a printed midi or one in a bright color. Balance it out solid colored tops.
- Heels and midis are soul mates.
Everyone has a pair of skinny jeans in their wardrobe. Here are a few ways you can rock it Munn style.
- Ditch the basic blue skinnies and opt for a neon color or black pair instead.
- Keep things interesting with a great top. A textured long-sleeve top or a short-sleeve with a collar should balance our the basic skinny.
- Heels take the outfit up a notch.
All Black Everything
- Play around with lengths. Over the knee boots, a mini dress and a flowing trench complement one another.
- Keep the hair and jewelry simple to keep the all-black ensemble sleek.
Oh Mr. Sun, Sun…
Yellow is a difficult color to pull off but Olivia shows us that it can be done in multiple settings – formal, casual and semi-formal.
- If you want to wear yellow, sunshine yellow is the best shade to wear. It brightens up any face.
- When wearing yellow to a formal event, opt for a dress in a classic cut (pictured above, the timeless strapless dress with a small train). Classic cuts in an unexpected color can be surprisingly chic.
- If you want to pop, wear yellow with white.
- If in doubt, you can always wear a yellow top with your favorite pair of jeans and a red bag. Remember your primary colors – they will always complement one another.
What do you think of Olivia Munn’s playful yet polished style? Do you have a favorite piece of ‘unexpected’ clothing…a yellow dress or a bright pink midi perhaps?
stay true xo