This week, I decided to delve into serious investigative journalism…and investigate the contents of my makeup table. 😛
I’m very particular about not hoarding makeup beyond its expiry date and only buying things I need. I recently updated my makeup stash so here we go! *I’m so excited! I just can’t fight it!*
1. Mascara – I replaced my expired mascara recently with this one from Tarte. I only purchase mini mascaras since they expire so quick (3 – 6 months maximum) and I never get through an entire tube in time! I really like this one far – it gives really long and lush natural looking lashes.
2. Black eyeliner – I also replaced my black eyeliner from Eyeko with this one from Kat von D. I’ve been using black eyeliner since I was 19 and this one is my favourite! I love the brush tip – the application is smooth and easy. Full review coming soon. 🙂
3. Universal lip primer – This one from Bite is the best for bright lip colors.
4. Nude eye liner – I should really get rid of this – it’s probably expired. For what it’s worth, this nude liner from Tarte works great and brightens up my eye area.
5. Colored lip liner – This one from NARS works great with my favorite lip color from the NARS Audacious line.
6. Post-Its – I use this when I’m doing a smokey eye and want to keep things neat and tidy on my eyelid.
7. Blush – I had to get rid of my expired blush so I replaced it with this one from Physician’s Formula. I’m fairly new to this brand but I really like this talc-free blush (I’m allergic to talc). They only have it in one shade so I’m lucky that I have medium-toned brown skin since I can pull off most blush colors.
8. Sharpener – I use this to sharpen my lip pencils. This is a cheap drugstore version from Shopper’s on my street. 🙂
9. Bronzer – I’ve really come to embrace bronzer after years of not understanding its purpose. I really like this one from Kat von D – it’s talc-free and complements my light brown skin.
10. Eyeshadow – I really like this eyeshadow palette. It’s very versatile. Read this post for a full review.
14. Makeup brushes – Most of my makeup brushes are Ecotools or Quo (from Shopper’s).
15. Conair mirror – This mirror is not ideal for makeup application and I’ll trade it in soon for a bigger mirror when we move back into the newly renovated house.
16. Tocca perfume ‘Simone’ – I love the smell of this perfume. It reminds me of the beach and carefree summer days.
18. Peacock jewelry holder – I got this from Pier One and love the colors of the jewelry holder.
19. Catch-all container – Right now, it holds Tiger balm and some glittery pink hair ties.
What do you have on your makeup table these days? Any particular loves? Do you springclean your makeup stash?
you’ve been stylesyah-ed! xo