This post reviews a finishing hairspray I often use in conjunction with the Living Proof Blowout Styling and Finishing Spray (link to review here). Enjoy!
What it promises from the Living Proof website:
- a multi-tasking hairspray
- works on damp or dry hair
- when used to set, Flex creates lasting volume, waves and curls with touchable, brushable hold that is buildable
- when used to style, Flex builds, shapes and adds structure to any look and is completely layerable without build up
- when used to finish, Flex gives flexible hold, natural movement and humidity protection with a beautiful shine that never flakes
- sulfate-free, silicone-free and oil-free
- safe and formulated for color and chemically treated hair
What it delivers:
I use this product as a finishing step in my hairstyles. After blowdrying, I’ll spray it all over my hair. If I’m doing a more elaborate hairstyle like a braid or a bun, I spray this on to set them in place.
I like the scent of this hairspray. Imagine the ‘typical salon smell’ but dialed back 100 times. As someone sensitive to scent, I truly appreciate the non-invasive smell and the fact that I can walk out of the salon without a headache.
I also love that my hair still moves like…well, hair after using this product. My past experiences with hairspray involve crunchy, tangled, immovable hair and me, coughing from the overly-perfumed backspray. This product does none of that (whew!)
This hairspray is light which is great for my naturally thick hair which tends to be easily weighted down by product. Weightless, lightly scented and touchable!
Price point : At CAD$19 for 3 oz (via sephora.ca), it’s a little pricey as compared to drugstore alternatives like the popular L’oreal Elnett. However, I think it’s a reasonable price for a quality product.
Rating : A
Final thoughts: This is a great hairspray that I will keep repurchasing to set my hairstyles. This product restored my confidence in hairsprays!
I love the Living Proof philosophy of simple, fool-proof hairstyling. There are many step-by-step tutorials on their website which are really helpful for complete noobs like me.
What are you favorite hair products? Have you tried any Living Proof products? Let me know in the comments below!